Tech Lead Engineer – Full Stack Focus
Trader Corporation is the team behind Canada’s leading automotive marketplace, autoTRADER.ca. We are a technology driven company that creates world class solutions for our users and dealer customers. We are expanding our team and need a Tech Lead for our distributed engineering office.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Help the team create world class products and technical solutions in our agile environment by leading initiatives within teams of web engineers
- You will be the technical lead for an agile development team. This means you will work closely with the Product leads, Delivery leads, and Engineering Manager to groom, estimate, solution and deliver the product and technical improvements in our pipeline
- Support the Engineering Manager in leading Engineers and SDETs to help the entire team identify proper software engineering solutions and implementation via code-reviews, tech sharing sessions, and software estimation
- Help guide new product ideas by providing feasibility and creative technical solutions
- Host regular tech shares to introduce new tools, practices, technology or provide training
- Mentor colleagues of all skill levels to advance their technical abilities
- Lead select agile ceremonies such as stand-ups and grooming as required
- Facilitate design reviews for new features
- Establish best practices and review them regularly with the team
- Identify gaps or areas of improvement in the development and testing process, and proactively address them
- Monitor key metrics
- Proactively introduce and carry out procedures to stay above Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Act as a bridge between developers, QA’s and SDET’s to facilitate alignment of work
- Follow and improve automated test reports which run static code analysis and code coverage analysis
- Reach out to business partners to resolve issues with third party SDK’s
- Fantastic communication skills
- MVVM framework experience in Angular 5+, as well as hands-on experience with ASP.NET MVC
- Experience with .NET Web API, .NET Core, and Azure API management.
- Responsive Front-end layout/design, and implementation using JQuery and Bootstrap 4
- Non-relational table storage using Azure Table Storage.
- Working experience on high-traffic websites, while leveraging techniques to enable performance and caching, security and monitoring
- Able to conceptualize a technical solution and relay it to other team members and stakeholders.
- Work with Trader’s architecture group to implement software against reference specification.
- Expert level experience in building unit, component, and integration tests and knowledge of how to use this as a system contract between other system end points.
- Experience building cloud-based apps and a strong familiarity in the scalability, performance optimization, and monitoring of those apps.
- Know how to work with source code management and delivery platforms like Github, Azure Dev Ops, and JIRA in a distributed team environment.
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related subject
- 5+ years of engineering experience in online software industry; strong knowledge of website design, functionality usability, and web-based application architectures
- Demonstratable experience with Microsoft platform development.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions, ideally with Microsoft Azure
- Agile methodologies, Kanban preferrable