Join AutoTrader and shape the future of automotive e-commerce. We are on a mission to reinvent the digital retail experience for automotive consumers. Come to Trader and join a diverse workforce, working with the latest tech to pave the way for innovation.
We are proud to have built an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be their creative best. A place where we value collaboration, curiosity, and excellence. A place, where we trust teams to work autonomously, make data-driven decisions and become masters of their craft through numerous learning opportunities.
Sounds like something you would enjoy?
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer Mobile – Android for the largest automotive marketplace in Canada.
You will bring your obsession for creating and developing Android apps and we will provide you an environment where your voice will be heard, your opinions valued and your expertise respected.
You are an Android App Developer who wants to change the world one app at a time starting with ours! We think we have a pretty successful app (Rated 4.6 in the Google Play Store) and over 5 million unique user downloads – but we know that someone like you can make it better. We will give you first-class tools to create first-class products!
What you’ll do…
- Develop Android applications for mobile phone and tablet devices
- Facilitate design review, architecture, and coding practice discussions. Perform code reviews
- Participate in enhancing the CI pipeline to make it faster and provide more test coverage, with the goal of eliminating manual testing and being release-ready after each commit
- Collaborate with UX to ensure the app has a native look and feel and closely follows the Material Design guideline
- Reach consensus with the backend developers on data models and communication protocols using JSON, and implement according to spec
- Be an enthusiastic and positive representative of our team as you interact with a variety of business partners
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of development experience in a team environment
- 3+ years of Android development experience
- Developed your own app? We would love to hear about it!
- Familiarity with the modular design using library projects
- Expert knowledge of Java, JUnit, Espresso, and cloud-hosted JSON-based REST APIs
- Experience using at least one of MVC, MVP, or MVVM
- Source control, branching, merging using Git
- In-depth understanding of the Material Design guideline
- App performance optimization for data and battery consumption
- Initiative to work independently and proactively identify work that needs to be done
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field (or equivalent experience)
What’s in it for you…
We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
- We provide discounts to nationwide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
- Day 1 health benefits
- Gym discounts
- Local in-office free gyms
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Weekly virtual wellness events
- In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
- Tuition allowance
- Conferences & training budget
- Regular internal training programs
- Let us help you invest in your future with a 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus structure
- 3% CPP matching