Join AutoTrader and shape the future of automotive e-commerce. We are on a mission to reinvent the digital retail experience for automotive consumers. Come to Trader and join a diverse workforce, working with the latest tech to pave the way for innovation.
We are proud to have built an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be their creative best. A place where we value collaboration, curiosity, and excellence. A place, where we trust teams to work autonomously, make data-driven decisions and become masters of their craft through numerous learning opportunities.
Sounds like something you would enjoy?
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer in Test for the largest automotive marketplace in Canada.
We are looking for a meticulous and keen individual to join the Trader Software Business Unit team. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing the processes which will ensure stability and excellence in the front-end applications of the SBU. The successful candidate should be passionate about accessibility, quick to perceive the slightest of differences in UI, and capable of scaling processes through automation and training. These processes are key to the success and speed of our delivery team. We need to ensure they are embedded in our development practice so we can manage the interdependencies, and timelines to ensure our goals and objectives are met in the most efficient way possible.
What you’ll do:
- Setting up and maintaining the processes and standards for testing and automation.
- Rigorously testing front-end applications considering: UI, Accessibility, functionality, and points of integration.
- Testing and troubleshooting of production issues and providing operational support when required.
- Log and report on defects within our ticketing system and take necessary measures to fix them.
- Work in an agile team of Software Engineers and collaborate in sprint deliveries/releases.
- Advocate and implement best-in-class practices around testing. Offering input on the testability of functional elements and designs.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive new automation capabilities and continuously improve testing strategy, and governance, and increase operational efficiencies.
- Documenting QA processes so it can be scaled out to other teams. Performing functional testing, regression testing, integration testing, and re-testing of internal and external products.
- Staying abreast of the latest testing tools and strategies.
What you’ll need:
- Strong knowledge of WCAG standards and testing methods
- 3-5 years of direct experience in experience in software automation testing, test case development, test execution, test results analysis, and test optimization.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of the “Test Pyramid” and an understanding of the difference between unit tests, component tests, integration tests, and UI testing.
- Experience in maintenance and optimization of automation frameworks including management of test reporting.
- Experience working within a formal CI/CD pipeline.
- Agile team and methodology experience; Kanban experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of Selenium
- Strong communication skills – ability to articulate concepts and creative solutions
- API testing using POSTman or similar.
What’s in it for you…
We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness:
We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
- Day 1 health benefits
- Gym discounts
- Local in-office free gyms
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Weekly virtual wellness events
In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
- Tuition allowance
- Conferences & training budget
- Regular internal training programs
Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus structure
- 3% CPP matching