Join AutoTrader and shape the future of automotive e-commerce. We are on a mission to reinvent the digital retail experience for automotive consumers. Come to Trader and join a diverse workforce, working with the latest tech to pave the way for innovation.
We are proud to have built an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be their creative best. A place where we value collaboration, curiosity and excellence. A place, where we trust teams to work autonomously, make data-driven decisions and become masters of their craft through numerous learning opportunities.
Sounds like something you would enjoy?
We are looking for a Sr. Analyst Marketing for the largest automotive marketplace in Canada.
Is Analysis your passion? Do you love diving into data and discovering actionable insights? If so, AutoTrader has the role for you!
You will play a key role by leveraging expertise in marketing performance and customer-centric analytical projects. You will be a curious individual that will be responsible for reporting and experimentation work across the wide range of touch points including paid media, mobile marketing and email, synthesizing with industry data and uncovering actionable insights allowing the organization to achieve its business objectives. You will be a whiz at conducting analyses of digital marketing performance and customer value, explaining performance drivers and trends, identifying areas for improvement, and you will be confident in presenting your findings to internal stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Business Analysis & Reporting:
- Play a key role in analyses and establishing marketing and consumer-centric KPI's; analyze their interdependencies and underlying drivers and develop an AutoTrader view of performance.
- Produce analyses and interpretation of complex data aimed at supporting marketing campaigns development, user journeys, and other marketing efforts; providing context to trends and actionable insights.
- Leverage analysis on AutoTrader’s marketing performance to develop next steps, and articulate findings to the business and provide business recommendations.
- Build business analytics presentations, including dashboards and reports, for stakeholders that align to their goals and objectives
2. Marketing Performance:
- Design and lead analysis on behavior of audience segments acquired through campaign data using analytics tools, data platforms, and internal databases.
- Lead efforts to develop and execute various analytics projects to guide marketing strategies across different marketing channels, developing benchmarks, working with stakeholders to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop actionable business insights supported by quantitative & qualitative analyses of the automotive industry
- Participate in preparation and production of internal tools and training components necessary for the marketing team to better understand the value of the our users. Support data and analysis needs for new initiatives as necessary.
3. Data Knowledge:
- Become familiar with AutoTrader market/industry data, specifically for digital ecommerce/marketing, and understand how it can be used to address business questions.
- Work with Engineers and the Marketing team to provide reporting and data requirements for analysis tools and reporting that will make analysis efficient and visual.
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineer, Mathematics, related quantitative field, or equivalent work experience.
- Analytical skills (passion for complex data analysis and natural curiosity): 5+ years of experience in conducting and presenting analysis in a digital media company, ecommerce platform, or related industry
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with large-scale relational database and BI reporting tools (ie SQL Server, BigQuery)
- Must have strong proficiency with SQL and Excel
- Experience with data visualization tools (i.e. PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with data/statistical tools (i.e. R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with web analytics system (i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Google Analytics Certification is an asset
- Strong understanding of Digital Analytics and Marketing Analytics
- Good communication skills: ability to present clear and concise results of the analysis to business stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Office Suite Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Required Experience:
- Curiosity and Passion for complex data analysis and reporting.
- Critical thinking and exceptional problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance; self-starter.
- Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data from various sources and present written assessments and recommendations.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to understand and articulate the “big picture."
- Ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change.
What’s in it for you
We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Programme, as well as a virtual wellness program.
- Day 1 health benefits
- Gym discounts
- Local in-office free gyms
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Weekly virtual wellness events
In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
- Tuition allowance
- Conferences & training budget
- Regular internal training programs
Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus structure
- 3% CPP matching