Join AutoTrader and shape the future of automotive e-commerce. We are on a mission to reinvent the digital retail experience for automotive consumers. Come to Trader and join a diverse workforce, working with the latest tech to pave the way for innovation.
We are proud to have built an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be their creative best. A place where we value collaboration, curiosity and excellence. A place, where we trust teams to work autonomously, make data-driven decisions and become masters of their craft through numerous learning opportunities.
Sounds like something you would enjoy?
We are looking for a Manager Product Analytics for the largest automotive marketplace in Canada.
The Manager of Product Analytics, reporting into the Senior Manager of Product Analytics, will play a key role by leveraging expertise in product performance and customer-centric analytical projects. You will be a curious individual that will be responsible for gathering and analyzing AutoTrader and AutoSync performance data for its online products, synthesizing with industry data and uncovering actionable insights allowing the organization to achieve its business objectives.
You will be a whiz at conducting analyses of digital product performance and customer value, explaining performance drivers and trends, identifying areas for improvement, and you will be confident in presenting your findings to internal stakeholders. In addition, you will have the diplomatic skills in managing stakeholders expectations and leading them through changes while establishing a robust analytical practice within AutoSync
The main focus of this role is on the AutoSync portfolio (i.e. MotoInsights, TAdvantage, TRFFK, LesPAC). This is also a people management role, and this role will also be expected to mentor and coach analyst(s) reporting to this position.
Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Business Analysis & Reporting:
- Play a key role in analyses and establishing product and consumer-centric KPI's; analyze their interdependencies and underlying drivers and develop an AutoSync view of performance.
- Produce analyses and interpretation of complex data aimed at supporting product development, product marketing, and sales efforts; providing context to trends and actionable insights.
- Leverage analysis on AutoSync portfolio performance to develop next steps, and articulate findings to the business and provide business recommendations.
- Supports development and execution of strategic analytics & reporting initiatives in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Build business analytics presentations, including dashboards and reports, for stakeholders that align to their goals and objectives
2. Marketing and Product Performance:
- Design and lead analysis of product performance, product ROI, and quantifying the value AutoSync products generate for its customers.
- Lead efforts to develop and maintain product performance benchmarks, working with product owners to identify areas for improvement.
- Participate in preparation and production of internal tools and training components necessary for the Sales team to better sell and understand the value of the products. Support data and analysis needs for new product development as necessary.
3. Data Knowledge:
- Become familiar with AutoSync products and market/industry data, specifically for digital ecommerce/marketing, and understand how it can be used to address business questions.
- Work with Engineers and the Product team to provide reporting and data requirements for analysis tools and reporting that will make analysis efficient and visual.
- While this is a manager role, it will require the ability to get hands on in understanding the data and building tools
4. Leadership and Stakeholder Management:
- Hire, coach, provide feedback, and develop analytical talent within the Trader organization.
- Develop the team’s strategic and operational plans aligning to the organization goals and objectives
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with multiple business stakeholders and prioritize requests based on business objectives; Represent the Analytics team as the subject matter expert within the organization and identify best practices.
Education, Experience, and Technical skills
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Computer Science, related quantitative field and/or relevant work experience
- 5-7 years of digital marketing and operating experience in a media company and/or ecommerce platform
- Experience using Google suite of products, including Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google BigQuery
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with large-scale relational database and BI reporting tools (ie SQL Server, BigQuery, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in managing a small team
- Proven track record of leading complex analytics performance program with a high degree of quality.
- Strong planning, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively with a high-degree of accuracy
- Strong strategic thinking skills – ability to anticipate future consequences of current decisions, proactively identifies needs, evaluates decisions with a 9-12m time horizion
- Curiosity and Passion for complex data analysis and reporting
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, demanding, results-driven environment
- Google Analytics Certification is an asset
- Experience working and combining data from multiple source systems
- Working knowledge of Office Suite Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
Required Soft Skills and Competencies
- High degree of autonomy – ability to work with product and engineering teams to identify requirements and communicate them effectively
- Strong technical perspective – ability to understand medium-term (9-12m) trends and make appropriate recommendations for how to engage with and leverage new technologies & practices
- Strong communication skills – ability to work in both technical and business environments, and can communicate key findings and implications to business leaders
- Creative and innovative thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels within and external to the organization
- Strong leadership, customer and delivery focus
- Day 1 health benefits
- Gym discounts
- Local in-office free gyms
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Weekly virtual wellness events
- Tuition allowance
- Conferences & training budget
- Regular internal training programs
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus structure
- 3% CPP matching