We are proud to have built an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be their creative best. A place where we value collaboration, curiosity, and excellence. A place, where we trust teams to work autonomously, make data-driven decisions, and become masters of their craft through numerous learning opportunities.
Sounds like something you would enjoy?
We are looking for a Cloud Team Lead for the largest automotive marketplace in Canada.
The driving force behind the Cloud practices and adoption at TRADER. A skilled team leader, passionate about Cloud technologies and realizing their potential value to solve complex business problems.
Working closely with the Cloud Team will set the direction for the team, ensuring priorities are clearly defined and delivered on time and with quality. Being a technical SME for the team, handling escalations, and providing clear technical direction. Encouraging team members to always look for ways to continuously improve processes to better support the business.
A Cloud evangelist who champions Cloud best practices, not just within his own team, but across all Product Delivery teams. Working hand in hand with development teams to co-develop new features and products, design cloud-based solutions that scale effectively with traffic and ensure cost-efficient operation. Driving adoption of cloud best practices, prioritizing security and system stability to ensure a consistently great experience for all users.
What you’ll do…
- Partner with Product Delivery teams, helping them build their cloud-based CI/CD pipelines. Assist team in identifying and resolving cloud infrastructure issues and working for ways to continuously optimize build, deployment, and release processes to ensure faster delivery of customer value with quality. Lead strategic initiatives to improve cloud maturity end to end in the organization.
- Actively involved in the day-to-day operations of the Cloud team. Ensuring priorities are correctly defined, prioritized, and delivered. Helping the team to build and design solutions that accurately tackle and solve the problems the TRADER business is experiencing.
- Coach and mentor the Cloud team, driving the uplift of skills and helping them work through complex problems. Identifying opportunities for growth and encouraging team members to embrace continuous learning.
- Identify and implement areas of improvement across Product Delivery teams. Defining standards, governance, best practices and encouraging the consistent adoption of these across all teams. Realizing the benefits of true DevOps processes and the value that CI/CD can provide to ensure rapid and consistent Production deployments.
- Act as a central escalation point for critical Production issues. Ensure the team responds appropriately and effectively when Major Incidents occur and that key learnings are not only identified but also acted upon.
What you’ll need…
- 5+ years experience in a technical DevOps or Cloud role (R)
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience in AWS (R)
- University Degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience (R)
- Certification in AWS or similar cloud environment (R)
- Experience with Incident Management or On-Call Support (P)
- Knowledge of security best practices and processes. (P)
- Object Orientated Programming skills (P)
- Passionate team leader
- Able to build a cohesive and collaborative team
- Relentless determination to improve
- Driven and Results-Oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Resilient and positive
What’s in it for you…
We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
- We provide discounts to nationwide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
- Day 1 health benefits
- Gym discounts
- Local in-office free gyms
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Weekly virtual wellness events
- In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
- Tuition allowance
- Conferences & training budget
- Regular internal training programs
- Let us help you invest in your future with a 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus structure
- 3% CPP matching