Join AutoTrader and shape the future of automotive e-commerce. We are on a mission to reinvent the digital retail experience for automotive consumers. Come to Trader and join a diverse workforce, working with the latest tech to pave the way for innovation.
We are proud to have built an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be their creative best. A place where we value collaboration, curiosity and excellence. A place, where we trust teams to work autonomously, make data-driven decisions and become masters of their craft through numerous learning opportunities.
Sounds like something you would enjoy?
We are looking for a Solution Architect for the largest automotive marketplace in Canada.
In this role, your focus will be on
“Data Driven” is a term that has recently captivated the business world and rightfully so, as companies are coming to realize the power that leveraging data effectively can have on their businesses. In all industries, business performance can be dramatically improved when companies act on the insights that organized, accessible data can provide into their internal processes and models.
Like most companies AutoTrader has historically been a moderate user of data, however, recent changes in our strategy – with their overarching goal to become a Data Driven Organization, have caused the company to become very focused on developing a deeper level of expertise in information management to inform business decision-making and to enable the consumer-centric initiatives that are core to our future success.
AutoTrader has all the ingredients in place to support a leading-edge approach to information – best-in-class technologies, a rich data set that can be leveraged to dominate the Canadian Automotive marketplace and a supportive executive.
The company now seeks a seasoned technology leader to assume the role of Data Solutions Architect. The role will report to the Chief Architect. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide a leadership role in the development and communication of Data Warehousing, Big Data strategies, principles, standard, enterprise roadmaps and best practices.
- Develop reference data architecture which align with corporate goals and which best leverage our technology capabilities.
- Act as an important contributor to the development and maintenance of IT strategies and plans.
- Direct team members on architecture concepts
- Provide expertise on how to build scalable and automatable platforms which can serve AutoTrader and its subsidiaries.
Data Solutions Architect requires experience with the following:
- Experience with both Azure and GCP technology stacks
- Business intelligence, query, and reporting tools
- Data Warehouse / Data Lake / MDM architecture principles
- Data integration and streaming integration concepts and architecture
- Database design for read-only access
- Data warehousing design issues such as star schema
- Data warehousing technologies such as OLAP (including ROLAP, MOLAP, and HOLAP)
- Data transformation and conversion
- Data quality issues resolution
- Architecting for Mixed workload and scaling
- Data Modelling for Data Warehousing / Data Lakes (Denormalized – Star & Snowflake Schemas, Data Vault)
- Parallel execution
- Indexing and statistics strategies
- Code Reviews & Coaching for developers
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, knowledge, and attributes:
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible experience in information/data management roles in a best practice environment where the power of data is being unlocked and well used in support of driving business and customer decisions.
- A passion for data backed by a solid technical skill set that includes expertise in information management, data warehousing, big data and business intelligence concepts and methodologies.
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to understand and deliver on what the business requires of information management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; confident, credible and personable; can translate technical information effectively into business terms and vice versa.
- Good judgment to determine which creative ideas will work and how they will work; knows how to make the appropriate fact-based business case; not afraid to take calculated risks.
- Well developed influencing skills; able to quickly demonstrate understanding and empathy while winning people over to a new way of seeing things.
- Excellent change management abilities; the ability to drive for results tempered with an appreciation for organizational structures, processes and history.
- A big-picture perspective – the ability to integrate; to see how all the pieces fit together and contribute to the achievement of broader organizational objectives.
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic; takes responsibility and likes to be held accountable for results; is constantly a top performer and can be counted on to exceed goals.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Facilitation and workshop coordination experience
- Business information requirement analysis experience
- Adept at balancing the immediate needs of a project with the future vision of the enterprise to achieve a win-win situation
- Experience in Automotive and /or eCommerce
- Google BigQuery, Oracle and AzureSQL Server experience asset
- ETL / ELT and data integration experience
What’s in it for you
We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Programme, as well as a virtual wellness program.
- Day 1 health benefits
- Gym discounts
- Local in-office free gyms
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Weekly virtual wellness events
In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
- Tuition allowance
- Conferences & training budget
- Regular internal training programs
Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus structure
- 3% CPP matching
Motoinsight data and technology are used by nearly every automaker, over 1000 dealership franchises and the largest banks and insurance companies.
Yes, our technology is best-in-class, but it is our people that truly make the difference. We are very serious about our culture. We hire, promote and reward based on our People Values. See more of our values on https://www.motoinsight.com/our-people/
How to apply
To apply, send us your resume that showcases your UX design process and your UI, interaction, and visual design skills.
Portfolio can be a link to your website, specific case studies or a PDF.