TITRE DU POSTE
Software Engineer in Test (SDET) 1 year contract
TYPE DE POSTE
SOMMAIRE DU POSTE
Are you ready to join autoTRADER’s Digital team and help us create bar-raising digital experiences for our clients and customers? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy a flexible work arrangement? As we continue to leverage trending technologies to drive customer centric innovations, we also provide a Company Culture unlike any other. We are all about Collaboration, Growth and Fun.
Want to work somewhere awesome?
Awesome is who we are and awesome is what we do!
The Software Engineer in Test works across agile teams to ensure integration points meet functional, performance, and code standard requirements. This role requires that software engineering best practices are applied to the domain of software quality testing. Working closely with product lead, delivery lead, and other agile team members, the SDET ensures that the desired result for our projects are achieved.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Writing and execute automated integration, component, and UI tests within existing automation frameworks which validate the performance and quality of products and reduce manual testing work.
- Investigate customer problems referred to you by technical support team, test software defects, and manage the reporting of your work within our ticketing system.
- Work in an agile team of Software Engineers, SDETs, and manual QA testers and contribute to Kanban-based execution of project and business-as-usual work.
- Contribute to the technical analysis of software design by offering input on the testability of functional elements and designs.
- Test execution on beta, release-candidate, and production builds of software on multiple platforms included responsive web, native mobile, private REST APIs, and 3rd party integrations.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with a “Test Pyramid” and an understanding of the difference between unit tests, component tests, integration tests, and UI testing.
- 2+ years direct experience in software development with strong, hands-on experience in software automation testing, test case development, test execution, test results analysis, and test optimization.
- Experience in the maintenance of automation frameworks including management of test reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in NUnit or JUnit.
- Agile team and methodology experience; Kanban experience is desirable.
Required Skills and Tools
- Ability to write custom frameworks, evaluate tools.
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience with load testing using JMeter or similar.
- API testing using POSTman or similar.