TITRE DU POSTE
Senior Financial Analyst
TYPE DE POSTE
SOMMAIRE DU POSTE
This is a senior analyst position that requires the person to coordinate, communicate and review budget and forecasts. Budgeting includes revenue, operating expenses, and staffing. Experience required in producing and supporting a detailed budget and forecasting process. Responsible for the collection, reporting and analysis of financial data. Oversee the payroll accounting process and overall responsibility for coordinating external audit.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Financial Statements and Reports:
Coordinate with internal business teams in the preparation, implementation, and compliance of management reporting & analysis requirements. Work closely with the business units to analyze monthly results and provide financial decision support to help drive the company's operating performance. Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end internal and external financial reporting and note disclosures in compliance with US GAAP. Provide guidance to other members of the Accounting and Reporting department, when the Senior Manager or Director are absent. Ad hoc requests, analysis and reports.
Responsible for the development and implementation of the annual budget, the monthly forecasts, and the analysis & reporting against monthly operating results. Drive enhancements in financial reporting and analysis as well as system requirements.
Tax & Audit:
Coordinating the quarterly and year end close process with the external auditors. Supporting schedules and working paper preparation to meet audit requirements. Consult and liaise with other departments. On a quarterly basis, record the tax provision. Overall responsibility for compiling necessary information for the annual corporate tax return.
Journalize bi-weekly payroll entries to the general ledger. Calculate payroll accrual required for the accounting close. True-up vacation accrual as required. Perform monthly reconciliations of payroll accrual and salary bank accounts. Prepare and distribute monthly salary and headcount reports to each business unit.
- Deadline and timeline driven.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to manage information with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Quick learner and ability to take ownership of key tasks.
- Ability to be a strong internal business partner with a collaborative business focus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Finance & Accounting.
- Experience with ERP systems , Great Plains and FRx experience.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Accounting designation or near completion. (CMA, CGA or CA)
- Post-secondary education; university degree or college diploma in accounting.