Enterprise Architect - Integration Specialist
SUMMARY OF JOB
Trader Corporation is the team behind Canada’s leading automotive marketplace, autoTRADER.ca. We are technology driven company and create world class solutions for our users and dealer customers.
The Enterprise Architect – Integration Speciality reports to the Chief Architect working as part of the Enterprise Architecture group responsible for ensuring the technologies, systems and processes developed are consistent across business units and are in line with enterprise technology standards and best practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and maintain process, architectures, frameworks, roadmaps, and standards that deliver the AutoTRADER strategic IT goals, business priorities and comply with technical and industry/regulatory standards for area of interest.
- Ensure stability and viability of application integration and consistency of design across projects by providing design oversight and advice to ensure compliance of projects and programmes (and services) to technical/integration architectural standards and roadmaps. Escalate and provide alternatives to potential non-compliance issues.
- Develop innovative integration & application architectures and roadmaps that are fit for purpose and ensure cost effective delivery of IT strategy and business priorities.
- Assess emerging industry trends and anticipate and develop potential strategic IT technology/integration solutions to exploit for business benefit.
- Develop portfolio plans and ensure investment cases support architectures and roadmaps. Identify areas of improvement of integration and application practices across AutoTRADER
- Define high level transition architecture to address gaps between current and future state
- Working with other architects to develop a reference architecture (Integration Framework) for data integration style.
- Ensure integration solutions that fit within the enterprise's larger data integration strategy
- Interacting with infrastructure team to meet requirements for volume and performance.
- Working with data architect to ensure the integration solution meets data delivery and quality SLAs.
- Develop and adhere governance, assurance, and standards to ensure architecture compliance
- Participates and Contribute in AutoTRADER Architecture Review Board governance EA practices and governance
- Embed IT security and compliance requirements in Architecture standards, working with IT Security and Compliance group.
- Accountable for a specific area of interest(s) including but not restricted to Integration & Application Platform
- Work cooperatively and flexibly with colleagues in a high performing team taking ‘collective responsibility’ for achieving goals of Enterprise Architecture domain.
- Interface with IT Service Management & Operations, IT stakeholder managers, IT programmes, IT executive, key infrastructure providers such as Google and Microsoft, external stakeholders and other bodies.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive data at all times
- Adhere to and exhibit AutoTRADER core values
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent qualification such as TOGAF
- 7+ years’ experience in an Integration & Application or Solution architecture role
- Deep architectural expertise in technology or IT domain area of Integration & Application Platform, which must include both real time and batch integrations in high transaction / mission critical enterprises.
- Previous experience of defining architectural direction and harnessing innovation for business benefit and to support strategy.
- Previous experience of building, maintaining, and influencing relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Previous experience of handling and distilling requirements into credible contextual architectures, roadmaps, and investment plans.
- IT Integration Architectures and Applications Functions (Including Operations, Delivery and Architecture).
- Knowledge and experience with business process management [BPM] and service-oriented architecture [SOA] technologies.
- Integration including bespoke and packaged software.
- Experience in integration in a hybrid environment (Multi Cloud + On Premise)
- Experience of automotive and or eCommerce industry processes, systems, and information.
- Credible experience in domain of accountability for Solution Architecture, Innovation, emerging technology monitoring.
- EA frameworks & tools competency
- Azure and / or GCP experience is beneficial