Senior Engineering Test Manager
SUMMARY OF JOB
Trader Corporation is the team behind Canada’s leading automotive marketplace, autoTRADER.ca. We are a technology driven company that creates world class solutions for our users and dealer customers. We are expanding our team and need a Test Manager / Coach to lead our software quality initiatives across our entire engineering organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage diverse team of Quality Assurance specialists
- Coach and support direct reports and other team members to maintain and improve our automation test suite
- Research and recommend use of testing tools such as test management tools (Azure DevOps, Jira Test Management or any other), automated testing tools (NUnit, Selenium, Protractor or any other)
- Provide continuous improvement in the QA process, focusing on automation
- Establish and enact quality assurance procedures and methodologies throughout the development processes
- Coordinate resolution of issues with other functional teams
- Develop and implement a Total Quality Management framework, document, educate and disseminate Quality Assurance best practices, processes and methodology
- Excellent organization and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communications skills
- Great attention to detail and a result driven approach
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of QA methods, planning, approaches to testing and defect identification and resolution. Certifications in QA area is highly desirable.
- Broad knowledge of technical project management skills, team building skills and leadership skills
- Solid understanding and experience in project management and software development
- Excellent knowledge and experience with testing tools
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related subject.
- 5+ years in leadership position
- 8+ years of experience in software quality assurance; strong knowledge of website design, functionality usability, and web-based application architectures.
- 5+ years of experience in automation (coding/scripting)
- Experience with Microsoft platform web development.
- Excellent knowledge of both relational and non-relational data stores, C#, Microsoft
- Azure cloud solutions and technologies, and both core and current engineering tooling.
- Great understanding on agile methodologies in a Kanban delivery environment.