Sr. Product Designer
SUMMARY OF JOB
This is an opportunity to join a design team and play a key leadership and strategic role for Trader’s suite of products, including marketplace, dealer software, and data software tools.
You will be responsible for executing the user experience for high profile product initiatives. You will solve complex problems, design creative user-focused solutions and drive experience strategies. Provide vision and planning on how to evolve and grow the UX/UI in line with business plans. Direct and/or undertake appropriate research and analysis with users and stakeholders to validate user needs. Provide subject matter expertise and assistance. Support the internal design team through mentorship, peer reviews, and senior leadership.
Why join Trader's UX team:
- We invest heavily in research tools. You will have access to unlimited user research, usability testing, moderated and unmoderated interview tools. Get as much data as you want to validate your design decisions.
- We value autonomy and accountability. That means you can be in the flow of work with minimum interruptions while following established rhythms and accountability practices.
- We are constantly evolving. We are a faced-paced heavy-traffic marketplace and are always looking to optimize, improve, and refine the experience of our products. This means you will have plenty of diverse work and little opportunity to get bored.
- We take DesignOps seriously. Our design practices are far from perfect, but we are always looking for ways to improve our DesignOps, whether that's design systems, workflows, best practices or education.
What you are:
- Someone who values accountability and integrity; you follow through on your commitments.
- You value teamwork, peer support and peer feedback. You value relationships and letting your team down is not an option for you.
- Highly motivated and self-managed, you have no problem working from home and staying focused.
- You value the design community and try to provide mentorship support whenever you can.
- You take pride in your work and think beyond pixels. You ask "Why" and don't shy away from asking a lot of questions.
- You love rapid prototyping and are a wizard with tools like Principle, Framer, Invision, Keynote.
- You create stunning UI interfaces and not afraid to push the boundaries of existing patterns.
- You validate your design decisions using data from testing, Google Analytics, and other data tools.
- You are a champion for UX methodologies, such as remote user testing, surveys, usability testing sessions, scenarios, competitive and comparative analysis. Conducting research is second nature to you.
- You work directly with product owners, technical leads, executive team. You are respectful and persuasive, you are a master at communicating and presenting your ideas in a clear, visual manner.
- You take pride in documenting your designs in a way that leaves no room for error when they go into development.
- You advocate for the user, making persuasive arguments that influence UX output and final product decisions.
- University Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' experience working within user experience, user research and UI design for mobile and desktop web.
- 3+ years' experience working in high traffic, large scale websites either in house or agency/consulting firm.
- 5+ years' experience with user-centered design methods, best practices and techniques.
- Experience working with remote team members and management.
- Expert knowledge of the UX tools of the trade: InVision, Sketch, Adobe CS (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Worked within a fast paced, agile, commercial online environment.
- Strong understanding and experience with Design Systems.
You'll get additional brownie points if you have:
- Mentorship or teaching experience.
- Experience with A/B or Multi-Variant Testing (MVT) methodology.
- Experience working with e-commerce marketplaces.
To apply, send us your resume with a link to your portfolio that showcases:
- Your UX process
- Your UI / brand / interaction skills
- Your design approach to solving business problems
Portfolio can be a link to your website, specific case studies or a PDF.