Senior Software Engineer in Test
SUMMARY OF JOB
Are you ready to join autoTRADER’s Digital team and help us create bar-raising digital experiences for our clients and customers? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy a flexible work arrangement? As we continue to leverage trending technologies to drive customer centric innovations, we also provide a Company Culture unlike any other. We are all about Collaboration, Growth and Fun.
Want to work somewhere awesome?
Awesome is who we are and awesome is what we do!
Trader Corporation is the team behind Canada’s leading automotive marketplace, autoTRADER.ca. We are a technology driven company that creates world class solutions for our users and dealer customers.
We are expanding our team and need a Senior Software Engineer in Test at our downtown Toronto location.
What You’ll Do…
- Build and maintain existing automation frameworks.
- Investigate customer problems referred to you by technical support team, test software defects, and manage the reporting of your work within our ticketing system.
- Work in an agile team of Software Engineers, SDETs, and manual QA testers and contribute to Kanban-based execution of project and business-as-usual work.
- Perform technical analysis of software design by offering input on the testability of functional elements and designs.
- Test execution on beta, release-candidate, and production builds of software on multiple platforms included responsive web, native mobile, private REST APIs, and 3rd party integrations.
- Performs load and stress testing of the web applications and APIs.
- Assist in the mentorship of SDET Level 1 team members on automation testing best practices, testing design patterns/anti-patterns, and proper testing strategy.
What You Bring To The Table…
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of the “Test Pyramid” and an understanding of the difference between unit tests, component tests, integration tests, and UI testing.
- 5+ years direct experience in software development with strong, hands-on experience in software automation testing, test case development, test execution, test results analysis, and test optimization.
- Experience in the creation, maintenance and optimization of automation frameworks including management of test reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in NUnit or JUnit.
- Experience working within a formal CI/CD pipeline.
- Agile team and methodology experience; Kanban experience is desirable.
Must Have Experience…
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience with load testing using JMeter or similar.
- API testing using POSTman or similar.
What’s in it for you…
- An environment built to help you be your creative best
- An amazing employee benefits program (medical, dental, conferences etc.)
- Company Incentive plans
- Annual $X professional development/education subsidy.
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge tech stacks
- Flexible work environment
- Team-building events
Do we have your attention now? If so, we would love to hear from you!