Senior Product Manager - Online
SUMMARY OF JOB
Summary of Job:
As the Product Manager Online you will be responsible for a specific product line within the Company known as “Listing Upgrades”. These products are aimed to improving the visibility of any dealer’s listing at Trader. We are looking for a product leader with expertise in building products that use real data, algorithms and/or AI to optimize the performance and/or monetization of the product.
Your experience and drive will provide leadership to the Product Development process and Business Units throughout the company. Your responsibilities will include overseeing the product strategy, guide strategic product leadership necessary to define, manage, and evangelize market winning products. You will need to create and validate internal business unit, customer and market requirements, work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders, research, and develop functional and technical requirements as well as develop business case documents. You will also be a key driver for the new product introduction process for bringing products to market.
- Define realistic and achievable roadmaps for project deliverables
- Develop, maintain and realize a product roadmap
- Define feature requirements for a range of projects
- Drive requirements through the development cycle
- Perform business case analysis to establish strategic priorities
- Research and benchmark to optimize product strategy and performance
- Monitor business, community and competitive reactions to new features
- Stay abreast of business and community needs and issues
- Communicate product details and performance metrics to internal teams
- Troubleshoot product issues and answer product questions - be the product "expert" Key Areas of
Conduct customer discovery, market research and product bench marking to identify customers un-solved needs, competitive positioning and market trends that will support your product strategy
Develop business cases or impact analysis to the Company goals or OKRs to set priorities
Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop plans for product development, product engagement and go-to-market.
Work closely with the agile teams providing the vision of the product, description of the problem to solve, user stories and continuous feedback on the impact the team is making to OKRs
Strong technical aptitude and analytical skills Very facts and data oriented, ability to tell the product story with data and customer or user insights Experience with marketplaces, online classifieds or high-traffic transactional sites Experience with data-driven products such as recommendations, advertising, relevancy algorithms, variable pricing, bidding systems, etc.
Creativity and initiative
Excellent written and oral communication skills Excellent presentation skills
Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
Ability to quickly learn new products, technologies, and industries
BA/BS in Computer Science or related field. MBA preferred.
2 - 3 years of previous online experience