Senior Product Manager
SUMMARY OF JOB
As the Product Manager Online you will be responsible for a specific vertical business within the company’s portfolio of online properties. In this area, your experience and drive will provide leadership to the Product Development process and Business Units throughout the company. Your responsibilities will include helping to define product strategy, guide strategic product leadership necessary to define, manage, and evangelize market winning national advertising products. You will need to create and validate internal business unit, customer and market requirements, work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders, research, and develop functional and technical requirements as well as develop business case documents. You will also be a key driver for the new product introduction process for bringing products to market.
- Support definition of realistic and achievable roadmaps for project deliverables
- Develop, maintain and realize a product roadmap
- Define feature requirements for a range of projects to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Drive requirements through the development cycle
- Perform business case analysis to establish strategic priorities
- Research and benchmark to optimize product strategy and performance
- Monitor business, community and competitive reactions to new features
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Stay abreast of business and community needs and issues
- Communicate product details and performance metrics to internal teams
- Troubleshoot product issues and answer product questions – be the product “expert”
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Work with cross-functional teams to develop products to meet business objectives
- Success looks like execution and progress against an agreed prioritized list of product features and improvements
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
Develop project documentation, technical requirements and business cases
- Success looks like: Develop product and positioning strategies and create buy-in for the product vision with key product stakeholders.
- Translating product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Develop product pricing, positioning and support go-to-market strategies.
Research and benchmark to optimize product strategy and performance
- Success looks like: Ability to form product recommendations and improvements through precise financial modelling
- Gain understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps
- Continue professional and technical education, attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in industry associations.
Work with internal teams and Director to set the product development roadmap and planning cycle
- Success looks like: Scope and prioritize activities based on commercial and customer impact
- Generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
Communicate product details and performance metrics to internal teams
- Success looks like: Provide weekly/monthly reporting on all managed products both internally and with key external partners
- Lead development of reporting dashboards, translate technical data into business insights and actions
- Experience in digital media buying and planning, privacy, programmatic, branded content spaces. Experience working specifically with IAB Standard Ad Units and/or Google Ad Manager (GAM) a benefit.
- Experience with Agile Kanban development process in the role of Product Owner (e.g., daily stand-up, pre-planning meetings, story creation, prioritization, sprint review meetings, sprint retrospective meetings etc.).
- Customer focus and ability to develop client partnerships
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills most notably with end users, IT personnel, and other stakeholders at all levels across the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn new products, technologies, and industries.
- Bilingual (French and English) a benefit
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field. MBA preferred.
- 2 – 3 years of previous online experience
- Strong technical aptitude, analytical and financial modelling skills.