Senior Manager, Insights & Intelligence
SUMMARY OF JOB
Provide the organization with insights and intelligence which inform commercial decision making including product development, targeting and pricing.
The scope of the position includes:
- Ownership of the research function, utilizing a number of methods including our third party research partners, onsite surveying, focus groups and more. This therefore includes ownership of the annual research budget.
- Ownership of competitive intelligence for the organization. Ensuring we have access to the most appropriate tools and third party services to understand what is happening in the market and competitor activity. Own dissemination of relevant intelligence to the right parts of the organization.
- Stay abreast of industry developments in terms of PESTLE factors which have an impact or potential impact on our business(es). (Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal and Environmental).
- Establish an maintain a central repository for research and intelligence for self-serve use by the organization.
Ability to present on behalf of TRADER at industry events and to customers about the findings of various forms of research and intelligence gathering.
Key Areas Of Responsibility:
Competitive Intelligence: Finding and maintaining methods and systems for the company to understand the competitive market context for decision making. Presenting these findings to the business as needs be, at least monthly. Ownership of relationship with external vendors. Autonomy in working with field sales force to aggregate insights and identify trends.
Market Research: Using combinations of desk research and funded third-party research to understand trends and forces acting upon consumers, car dealerships, OEMs and the industry as a whole.
Insight derivation: Work with data science and MI teams to find trends and insights among the existing body of reporting such as Google Analytics audience reports.
Management: Manage one direct report, build development plan, improve processes to help them add more value to the business.
- Initiative & autonomy – ability to work with cross functional teams (Product, Sales, IT, Finance) in a way that ensures the right insights are finding their way to the right people to enhance decision making.
- Ability to manage external vendors and persuade internal teams to support intelligence gathering.
- Strong communication skills – ability to work in both technical and business environments and communicate effectively across all functional areas including Marketing, Sales, Product, Finance and IT.
- Solid management skills. Knows how to develop talent.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data from various sources (product, customer, competitive, financial)
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels within and external to the organization
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Quantitative Studies, Research, or a similar business-related discipline;
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in market research and other forms of intelligence gathering
- Experience of working as part of a product development team, validating assumptions and providing guidance via insights and data.
- Demonstrable track record managing and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects and negotiating priority as the need arises.