SUMMARY OF JOB
Are you ready to join autoTRADER’s Digital team and help us create bar-raising digital experiences for our clients and customers? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy a flexible work arrangement? As we continue to leverage trending technologies to drive customer centric innovations, we also provide a Company Culture unlike any other. We are all about Collaboration, Growth and Fun.
Want to work somewhere awesome?
Awesome is who we are and awesome is what we do!
Trader Corporation is the team behind Canada’s leading automotive marketplace, autoTRADER.ca, as well as world class digital advertising business. We are a technology driven company that creates compelling solutions for our users and dealer customers. We are expanding our team and need a Principle Engineer at our downtown Toronto location.
A mission critical technical role excelling in designing, building and scaling Cloud based applications. Ensuring adoption of cloud best-practices, prioritizing security and system stability to ensure a consistently great experience for all users.
Supercharging Product Delivery, enabling on demand releases by embracing CI/CD ensure rapid deployment with automated quality controls.
Working hand in hand with development teams to co-develop new features and products, design cloud-based solutions that scale effectively with traffic and ensure cost efficient operation.
A champion for system stability and performance, ensuring critical issues are addressed quickly, ensuring a safe and reliable experience for our customers.
What You'll Do...
- Partner with Product Delivery teams, helping them build their cloud-based CI/CD pipelines. Assist team in identifying and resolving cloud infrastructure issues and working for ways to continuously optimize build, deployment and release processes to ensure faster delivery of customer value with quality.
- Contribute to system stability by creating and maintaining critical alerting, monitoring and logging for key Trader applications. Ensure learning are taken from incidents to prevent reoccurrence and assist Product Delivery teams when building new applications by representing an Ops perspective and making recommendations.
- Coach, mentor and act as a Champion for all things Cloud. Whether it be peers in the Cloud team, members of the Product Delivery teams or anyone else in TRADER. Be the SME in cloud technologies and always look to help upskill others.
- Partner with the wider Technology team to create and maintain strong Cyber Security policies and processes, including the implementation of new security practises and ensure all Cloud infrastructure is built with a Security First mindset.
What You'll Need...
- Team play, able to operate as a part of a cohesive team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Relentless passion to improve
- Driven and Results-Oriented
- Resilient and positive
Must Have Experience..
- University Degree in relevant field, or equivalent experience (R)
- Proven technical knowledge and experience in Microsoft Azure (R)
- Certification in Microsoft Azure or similar cloud environment (R)
- 5+ years of professional technical experience (R)
- Previous experience in a DevOps or Cloud role (P)
- Experience with Incident Management or On Call Support (P)
- Knowledge of security best-practices and processes. (P)
- Object Orientated Programming skills (P)
* required (R), preferred, (P)
What’s in it for you…
- An environment built to help you be your creative best
- An amazing employee benefits program (medical, dental, conferences etc.)
- Company Incentive plans
- Flexible work environment
- Team-building events