Principle Front End Engineer
SUMMARY OF JOB
Are you ready to join autoTRADER’s Digital team and help us create bar-raising digital experiences for our clients and customers? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy a flexible work arrangement? As we continue to leverage trending technologies to drive customer centric innovations, we also provide a Company Culture unlike any other. We are all about Collaboration, Growth and Fun.
Want to work somewhere awesome?
Awesome is who we are and awesome is what we do!
Trader Corporation is the team behind Canada’s leading automotive marketplace, autoTRADER.ca, as well as world class digital advertising business. We are a technology driven company that creates compelling solutions for our users and dealer customers. We are expanding our team and need a Principle Engineer at our downtown Toronto location.
What You’ll do…
- Design and develop elegant back-end cloud solutions which are end-to end: from technical analysis and data implementation/architecture, through to unit testing, development, and integration testing.
- Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers within your team on engineering excellence, including how to choose appropriate design patterns and identify anti-patterns, thoroughness in code-reviews, the perils of bad unit testing, appropriate engineering flow, and architectures which support maintenance and extensibility.
- Establish cross-team procedures to ensure software is thoroughly documented
- Perform root cause analysis on software defects, identify corrective action, and liaise with production support to resolve issues.
- Work with business partners and engineers to evaluate the suitability of 3rd party software
- Maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment for applications.
- The primary team advocate on front-end development patterns and practices.
What You Bring To The Table…
- Able to conceptualize a technical solution and relay it to other team members and stakeholders.
- Work with Trader’s architecture group to implement software against reference specification.
- Expert level experience in building unit, component, and integration tests and knowledge of how to use this as a system contract between other system end points.
- Extensive experience in CI/CD practices
- Experience building cloud-based apps and a strong familiarity in the scalability, performance optimization, and monitoring of those apps.
- Extensive experience in front-end development and testing frameworks
Must Have Experience…
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related subject.
- 7-10 year’s experience in the online software industry; strong knowledge of website design, functionality usability, and web-based application architectures.
- Expert level experience with Microsoft platform web development.
- Excellent knowledge of both relational and non-relational data stores, C#, Microsoft Azure cloud solutions and technologies, and both core and current engineering tooling
What’s in it for you…
- An environment built to help you be your creative best
- An amazing employee benefits program (medical, dental, conferences etc.)
- Company Incentive plans
- Annual $X professional development/education subsidy.
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge tech stacks
- Flexible work environment
- Team-building events
Do we have your attention now? If so, we would love to hear from you!