Director, Price & Revenue Optimization
SUMMARY OF JOB
As a leading digital company, TRADER Corporation is one of the most profitable and successful companies in Canada. TRADER Corporation operates autoTRADER.ca, the largest online automotive marketplace in Canada, with over 20 million visits a month! We are looking for a Director, Pricing and Revenue, a role that is key in continuing to drive growth.
Are you a tech-savvy, out of the box thinker? Are you excited to work for a leading technology company to develop your skills and career? Do you like feeling empowered to make decisions that directly impact business results? If your answer is a loud yes to all those questions, then autoTRADER is the right place for you.
We have a start-up environment with the stability of an established Canadian company, where team spirit is part of every department's culture and where work and life are well balanced.
Director, Price and Revenue Optimization:
Are you comfortable immersing yourself in data to ensure that customer needs, financial objectives and product requirements are aligned to our pricing approach? Can you demonstrate a clear and transparent pricing strategy? Do you have the ability to persuade others with a data-driven approach, partner extensively with Product owners and Sales leaders, and the ability to manage a team of high achieving individuals?
Our Director, Price and Revenue Optimization oversees:
- Pricing Strategy, marketplace core & up sells
- Pricing Strategy, ancillary marketplace products
- Model maintenance: Leverage appropriate data inputs to ensure competitiveness models and share of wallet models are kept up to date with market changes both internal and external.
- Manage all pricing team members in a manner that aligns with our stated values. Update competitors’ folders
What autoTRADER has to offer you:
- Competitive salary and company benefits
- Opportunity to grow in an innovative established Canadian company
- Investment in your training and growth
- Tuition support
- Great people to work with every day!
- Initiative & autonomy – ability to work with cross functional teams (Product, Sales, IT, Finance) in a way that ensures the pricing strategy and related objectives are kept top of mind and the integrity of the effort is maintained.
- Astute business perspective – ability to understand implications of business decisions and judge and react accordingly. Must understand all P&L related metrics, competitive context, etc.
- Strong communication skills – ability to work in both technical and business environments and communicate effectively across all functional areas including Marketing, Sales, Product, Finance and IT
- Solid management skills. Knows how to develop talent.
- Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data from various sources (product, customer, competitive, financial)
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels within and external to the organization
- Strong leadership and customer focus
Are you ready to get on board? Do you have…
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Quantitative Studies, Consumer Marketing or a similar business-related discipline; MBA an asset
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in the modeling and implementation of complex pricing/packaging strategies in a digital product environment (both B2B and B2C); Understanding of yield management as it applies to advertising inventory within a digital advertising environment. Including: understanding of B2B market segmentation principles, use of supply/demand related consumption data and performance data to drive strategies,price elasticity principles, rate management, packaging approaches, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to balance the analytical application of pricing data/research with dynamic market conditions and customer value perception.
- Experience partnering with Business Leads and Finance to create product pricing process from offering inception through product maturity.
- Demonstrable track record managing and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects and negotiating priority as the need arises.