Senior Analyst, Product Analytics
SUMMARY OF JOB
Senior Analyst, Product Analytics
Is Analysis your passion? Do you love diving into data and discovering actionable insights? If so, autoTRADER has the role for you!
You will play a key role by leveraging expertise in product performance centric analytical projects. You will be a curious individual that will be responsible for gathering and analyzing autoTRADER sales/market/performance data for its online products, synthesizing with industry data and uncovering actionable insights allowing autoTRADER to achieve its organizational objectives. You will be a whiz at creating statistical reports and conducting analyses of digital product performance and customer value, explain performance drivers and trends, identify areas for improvement, and you will be confident in presenting your findings to internal stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Business Analysis & Reporting:
Play a key role in analyses and establishing product, consumer and customer centric KPI's; analyze their interdependencies and underlying drivers and develop an autoTRADER view of performance.
Produce analyses and interpretation of complex data aimed at supporting product development, product marketing, and sales efforts; providing context to trends and actionable insights.
Leverage analysis on autoTRADER website performance to develop next steps, and articulate findings to the business and make sound judgments and recommendations.
- Marketing and Product Performance:
Design and lead analysis of product performance, product ROI and quantifying the value autoTRADER products generate for its consumers and customers.
Lead efforts to develop and maintain product performance benchmarks, working with product owners to identify areas for improvement.
Participate in preparation and production of sales tools and training components necessary for the Sales team to better sell and understand the value of the products. Support data and analysis needs for new product development as necessary.
- Data Knowledge:
Become familiar with autoTRADER product and market/industry data, specifically for online, and understand how it can be used to address business questions.
Work with data engineers and the product team to provide reporting and data requirements for analysis tools and reporting that will make analysis efficient and visual.
- Other Analysis:
Participate in other corporate and marketing analysis projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineer, Mathematics, related quantitative field, or equivalent work experience.
- Analytical skills (passion for complex data analysis and natural curiosity): 5+ years of experience in conducting and presenting analysis
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with large-scale relational database and BI reporting tools (ie SQL Server, SSRS)
- Must have strong proficiency with SQL and Excel
- Experience with data visualization tools (i.e. PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with data/statistical tools (i.e. R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with web analytics system (i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Good understanding of digital analytics
- Good communication skills: ability to present efficiently results of the analysis to business users
- Working knowledge of Office Suite Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Passion for complex data analysis and reporting.
- Critical thinking and exceptional problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance; self-starter.
- Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data from various sources and present written assessments and recommendations.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to understand and articulate the “big picture."
- Ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change.