Director, Digital Marketing
SUMMARY OF JOB
Do you want to be a leader on a high-growth marketing team and promote a product with a customer-centric approach? Have you dreamed of driving digital marketing strategies and programs for a leading digital automotive company that is innovating how Canadians buy cars?
As a leading digital company, TRADER Corporation is one of the most profitable and successful companies in Canada. TRADER Corporation operates autoTRADER.ca, the largest online automotive marketplace in Canada, with over 20 million visits a month! We are looking for a Director, Digital Marketing, a role that is key in continuing to drive growth.
The Director, Digital Marketing will be responsible for driving overall customer growth and re-engagement for autoTRADER.ca through channel strategy, optimization and new channel innovation. They will be responsible for the execution and optimization of campaigns across search, digital video, display and app acquisition. They will take a strategic approach to challenge new thinking on KPIs and campaign execution, while managing spend effectively. The ideal candidate is a passionate, acquisition marketing focused professional with in-depth knowledge of various paid and organic channels. This leadership role covers the nationwide TRADER brands for consumer marketing across all verticals.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Define the strategy for digital marketing to meet business objectives. Proactively manage and optimize the performance of digital marketing channels on a day-to-day basis via best-in-class third party suppliers such as media agencies and advertising platforms; actively investigate and identify high potential opportunities to test and incorporate into marketing strategy (e.g., audience / creative / platforms). Strong external communication skills to build and grow relationships with advertising partners.
- Team management and coaching. Defines, builds and leads a team of talented digital marketers to grow the business. Sets team objectives and coaches team members to their full potential.
- Define, manage and iterate daily, monthly and annual budgets across campaigns and platforms to meet marketing goals.
- Identifies key KPIs to monitor, evaluate and report on Trader and competitor performance at regular intervals across all verticals. Stays abreast of latest industry developments and creates valuable relationships with key industry figures.
- Build cross functional relationships internally to support technical integrations and updates with IT partners for rapid optimization.
- Confident presenting in front of others, including executive level audiences and contributing to group discussions
- A self-starter who shows initiative and clarity over what it is expected of them
- Can work at a fast-paced company where the feedback cycle is measured in days rather than weeks
- Has a "get it done" attitude and exudes team spirit
- Ability to motivate others (both direct reports and peers) to achieve common goals
- Minimum 8 years progressive experience in digital marketing that includes display and social, app, content and paid search
- Proven expertise with ROI driven campaigns on Facebook, Google Ads and other major third-party ad servers
- Must be familiar with Google Analytics in a professional capacity
- Strategic thinker with experience growing, scaling and optimizing channels in a data-driven way
- Experience with a Data Management Platform (DMP) to improve marketing experience and results
- Managed multi-million dollar advertising budgets
- Built and presented detailed acquisition models
- Ability to translate business strategy into tactical objectives
- Strong analytical skills that can translate insights into action
- Ability to manage projects by engaging stakeholders and setting achievable milestones
- University Degree, preferably in business or marketing