Sr. Software Engineering Manager
SUMMARY OF JOB
Are you ready to join autoTRADER’s Digital team and help us create bar-raising digital experiences for our clients and customers? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy a flexible work arrangement? As we continue to leverage trending technologies to drive customer centric innovations, we also provide a Company Culture unlike any other. We are all about Collaboration, Growth and Fun.
Want to work somewhere awesome?
Awesome is who we are and awesome is what we do!
Trader Corporation is the team behind Canada’s leading automotive marketplace, autoTRADER.ca. We are a technology driven company that creates world class solutions for our users and dealer customers. We are expanding our team and need a Senior Software Engineering Manager to lead multiple engineering teams within our Dealer Software Products service.
What You'll Do...
- Help the team create world class products and technical solutions in our agile environment by leading a team of web developers.
- You will be the technical lead for multiple agile teams. This means you will work closely with the product lead and delivery leads of each team to plan and deliver the product and technical improvements in our pipeline.
- Hands on mentoring and coaching of team members. Help them achieve their best result by removing impediments and supporting their technical and career growth.
- Help guide new product ideas by providing feasibility and creative technical solutions.
- Mange the administrative and human resources functions of the team including recruitment, performance management and payroll.
What You Bring to the Table
- Fantastic communication skills and stakeholder management
- Strong technical skills with consumer-facing web solutions across devices
- Microsoft .Net platform development in C# .NET Core, MVC, Web API, etc. using Visual Studio and related tools such as Resharper
- Azure platform development
- Kanban methodologies, and related tools such as Jira
- Bitbucket and Azure Dev Ops for source control. Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with Azure Dev Ops.
- Direct management of 20+ person teams including Senior Engineers, Tech Leads, and SDETs
- Thrives in working as a hands-on leader, mentor, and coach to development team members
- Excellent written & spoken English / communication & presentation skills
Must Have Experience...
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related subject.
- 5-7 year’s management experience in online software industry; strong knowledge of website design, functionality usability, and web-based application architectures.
- Strong experiences with Microsoft platform web development.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions primarily in Microsoft Azure. GCP and AWS experience are nice to have.
What’s in it for you…
- An environment built to help you be your creative best
- An amazing employee benefits program (medical, dental, conferences etc.)
- Company Incentive plans
- Annual $X professional development/education subsidy.
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge tech stacks
- Flexible work environment
- Team-building events
Do we have your attention now? If so, we would love to hear from you!