Sr. Data Engineer -- Tech Lead
SUMMARY OF JOB
The Sr data Engineer – Tech Lead reports to the Director of Data working as part of the Data Tribe responsible for ensuring the technologies, systems and processes developed to support data warehousing, reporting and analytics are built efficiently and are in line with enterprise technology standards and best practices.
- Provide a leadership role in the development and communication of Data Warehousing strategies, principles, standards and best practices
- Develop and maintain both operational and data warehouse conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Partner with Business Analysts to gather business, data and reporting requirements and translate the business needs into logical data structures.
- Act as an important contributor to the development and maintenance of IT strategies and plans.
- Experience with meta data management, data stewardship, data quality, IT governance, CEO/CFO Certification, Enterprise Data Models, and Enterprise Frameworks.
- Direct team members on architecture concepts
Data warehouse Tech Lead - Architect requires experience with the following:
- Business intelligence, query, and reporting tools
- Data Warehouse / Data Lake / MDM architecture principles
- Data integration and streaming integration concepts and architecture
- Database design for read-only access
- Data warehousing design issues such as star schema
- Data warehousing technologies such as OLAP (including ROLAP, MOLAP, and HOLAP)
- Data transformation and conversion
- Data quality issues
- Data formats for loading and unloading of data
- Platform specific workload management rules
- Data Partitioning
- Architecting for Mixed workload
- Data Modelling for Data Warehousing / Data Lakes (Denormalized – Star & Snowflake Schemas, Data Vault)
- Parallel execution
- Indexing and statistics strategies
- Code Reviews & Coaching for developers
- University Degree or College Equivalent
- 10+ years IT experience in large scale technology architecture, operations and design related disciplines
- 4+ years in a Data Modeler or Data Architect role
- 3rdNormal Form and Dimensional modeling expertise
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Facilitation and workshop coordination experience
- Business information requirement analysis experience
- Adept at balancing the immediate needs of a project with the future vision of the enterprise to achieve a win-win situation
- Experience in Automotive and /or eCommerce
- Google BigQuery, Oracle and AzureSQL Server experience an asset
- ETL and data integration experience
- CA Erwin experience would be an asset
- Solid understanding of Project Management and SDLC methodologies
- Advanced business analysis, architecture and design skills
- Ability to communicate highly technical and complex security concepts effectively across all levels of the organization (both IT and business)