Director, Inside Sales
SUMMARY OF JOB
The Director, Inside Sales is responsible for leading a team of Inside Sales Account Managers and Acquisition Specialists to meet and exceed the organization’s sales volume and profitability objectives. Focus must be placed on growing both existing revenue and new opportunities by proactively anticipating market trends and impacts.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Vision/Strategy/Planning - Revenue
Develop channel vision, strategy, and purpose and communicate associated plans to ensure success of channel revenue imperatives. Contribute to corporate initiatives through project participation and plan execution; provide analysis and recommendations for the design, development, and implementation of Call Centre improvement initiatives.
Proactive approach to market/customers
Anticipate economic and advertising trends to guide approach to market, product enhancement and human resource development. Maintain a high level of involvement with sales representatives and clients through regular participation in client meetings; focus on building strategic relationships with key accounts and ensuring identification of learning opportunities for sales representatives.
Inspire and foster a high-performing sales culture. Ensure the consistent implementation of effective sales processes for optimum performance and success of the organization.
Financial Discipline/Profit Metric
Optimize Financial Performance i.e. Sales profitability through revenue growth, appropriate resource allocation and cost containment.
Increasing product penetration of existing customers; Manage effective campaigns by prospecting, up/cross selling and pipeline development.
On top of mastering TRADER Corporation’s management competencies, the incumbent will also have to possess the following skills/competencies:
- Ability to create the strategic direction and execute the supporting plan
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a high performing inside sales force.
- Driven to meet and exceed short and long term professional & personal goals.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Initiates, develops and grows meaningful business relationships with clients and colleagues through effective and efficient communication and understanding
- Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting their clients’ business
- Be able to influence others to ensure support for revenue and customer initiatives.
- Degree in Marketing, Commerce or Business Administration
- 5+ years experience in a Senior Call Centre Management position with a high performing Inside Sales Team and in-depth knowledge of the sales process
- Digital marketing knowledge is preferred, ability to understand online metrics, analytics and communicate ROI
- Automotive industry experience is preferred, strong understanding of industry trends
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, ability to execute sales analysis, prepare sales reports and forecasts
- Proven experience in meeting and exceeding sales targets and objectives
- Experience managing a team consisting of Acquisition and Account Managers
- Demonstrated experience driving revenue growth, product penetration, and customer satisfaction