SUMMARY OF JOB
The Chief Architect is a horizontal role, responsible for the technology and integration blueprint for the entire organization. The CA looks for opportunities to reduce duplication within the organization and harness horizontal capabilities such as our data eco-system by providing a roadmap for the entire company to move forward as efficiently and effectively as possible. The CA is accountable for ensuring an architectural runway is well defined and available to enable efficient software delivery and execution.
Information System & Technology Architecture
- Design and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Deliver architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency inline with business strategy.
- Cultivate relationships with IT management.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
- Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints.
- Develop and maintain an aspirational architectural road map for the enterprise.
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies.
- Gain organizational commitment for enterprise level architecture and infrastructure initiatives.
- Provide architectural direction to Enterprise Architects, Business Architects and Solution Architects.
- Develop architectural metrics and reports for the executive team, business and IT management.
- Oversee the design and implementation of enterprise data and metadata structures.
- Create a plan to integrate business systems and workflows in support of business strategy.
- Develop and enforce best practices for master data management and integration.
Architectural Programs & Initiatives
Initiate and deliver architectural programs that align IT with business strategy.
Deliver requisite program documentation including program charters, schedules, requirements documents, specifications and design artifacts.
- Develop, communicate and deploy Enterprise Architecture Governance processes.
- Develop and communicate enterprise technology standards and policies.
- Review new and existing program/project architecture for compliance with IT standards, policies and architectural plans.
- Review IT procurement plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans.
- Document exceptions to architectural standards.
- Ensure that project documentation captures significant architectural decisions.
- Ensure that architectural governance is a fair, consistent and transparent process.
- Identify architectural risks and propose alternatives and solutions.
- Ability to quickly gain credibility as a strong engineering lead who can work with the risk technology team to set best practices
- Operate effectively as a member of the wider team through partnership, collaboration and influencing across the relevant business and technology functions and partner with leads in other technology domains.
- Create and adhere to delivery roadmaps partnering with other leaders. Strong execution mindset.
- Solutions architecture experience.
- Ability to design and develop high performance and flexible solutions.
- Familiarity with Hadoop and/or other Big Data ecosystems required.
- Experience in real time solutions leveraging Kafka and other event driven technologies
- Experience with cloud computing required. Azure preferred.
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing
- Minimum of 12 years’ development experience.
- At least 5 years of digital Marketplace and/or high transaction domains.
- Experience developing high performance data and compute platforms at scale
- Ability to coach and mentor developers at different levels
- Proven ability to establish and execute technology best practices
- Experience coaching Agile transformation efforts and leading Agile (preferably Scrum) development.
- Preferred – prior leadership experience in guiding teams through digital transformation and modern ways of working.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science or a technical discipline. Master’s degree preferred.