HR Payroll Analyst - 6 month contract
SUMMARY OF JOB
Under general supervision, performs complex tasks relating to the processing of an assigned payroll, include checking and auditing timekeeping records for compliance with established standards and updating payroll and/or HRIS system. Candidate must have experience with Workforce Now. Also, performs more difficult and complex assignments requiring analysis, evaluation and resolution of payroll problems and applications of negotiated contract items related to payroll as well the application of all Federal and Provincial taxing laws and regulations. Completes assignments with considerable independence under general guidelines and serves as back up for other Payroll staff and is responsible for resolving payroll issues. Key Areas of Responsibility: Administering and maintaining the bi-weekly payroll and HRIS for salaried and hourly staff. Maintaining employee records and reports and advising employees on matters relating to payroll HRIS data input. Communicating with the Payroll / HRIS Input Representative with ADP and HR Tech of specific internal and external client guidelines.
Maintenance and updating ADP payroll as required and reconciliation of payroll accounts, and setting up test plans. Performing some related accounting functions including salary and benefits analysis, payroll reconciliation and remittances
Preparing Records of Employment in line with legislated guidelines in addition to preparing, coordinating and reconciliation of year end, including T4/T4 A's , RL-1, PAR statements and T2200's, preparing and distributing payroll reports as required .
Managing and organizing the archiving of payroll data and employee files and co-coordinating all incoming payroll data, ensuring all procedures/polices are being met.
- Experience with Workforce Now
- Work independently and take initiative.
- Prioritize and manage time effectively and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Manage a high volume of work and meet strict timelines.
- Multi-task and prioritize deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment based on openness, respect and integrity.
- College diploma. Associates Degree in a Related Field Preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience with Workforce Now.
- Working knowledge of payroll policies and procedures in regards to obligations under the Employment Standards Act of all provinces through out Canada and working knowledge current on Provincial legislation related to payroll practices and standards.
- Thorough understanding of Year-End processes.
- Very good knowledge of Excel and Word.