Senior Product Manager - Mobile
SUMMARY OF JOB
Summary of Job:
This role is all about developing our Marketplace app experience that will engage Consumers looking to buy and sell vehicles on iOS and Android. You will lead the creation and implementation of approved strategies and improvements through core product ownership and accountabilities in line with the vision and business objectives. Core accountabilities include: SWOT analysis, product roadmap and agile backlog management, product innovation and monetization, managing risk, product piloting, validation and metrics analysis. Provide subject matter expertise to execute on product vision - planning how to evolve and grow the product in line with business plans. Direct and/or undertake appropriate research to validate business and consumer needs. Mentor and lead a product driven Agile team.
Executes on product vision and helps to define the evolution of the App experience. Spots material opportunities to grow value for Consumers, Customers and Trader
- Responsible for balancing Consumer car buyers and sellers along with Commercial product set
- Focuses on delivering a solid Consumer experience plus on-line revenue growth through the support of Commercial product team
- Is a thought leader, through individual effort and encouraging team contributions
- Balances the needs of car-buyers and car-sellers
- Conducts research and benchmarking techniques to optimize product strategy and performance
Prioritizes work using thoughtful analysis of customer insights and stakeholder input. Is able to articulate the Consumer problems through metrics analysis, feedback and rationale for prioritization.
- Writes epics, stories, and risk backlogs that are clear and complete; written at a sufficient level of detail in a format that can be easily read by anyone
- Deliverables are completed in a timely manner and socialized appropriately
- Core metrics impacts are identified, monitored and tested, and every release is signed off at milestones
- Mentor and lead a product driven Agile team
Monitors product performance through analytics tools, along with industry/market trends, user feedback, customer needs, competitive information and market research, to determine the right feature set for the market.
- Monitor business, community and competitive reactions to new features of products. Stay abreast of business and community needs and issues.
- Maintains an 18-month product and UX roadmap and deep backlog, with team input, of product ideas and themes
- Exercises sound judgment in selecting and defining opportunities for product development
• Strong technical aptitude and analytical skills
• Strong knowledge of the online business
• Customer focus and ability to develop client partnerships
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
• Ability to quickly learn new products, technologies, and industries
• Ability to work under pressure
• Comfortable presenting to Executive Level Management
• University degree in business/marketing. MBA a plus.
• 7 years of previous online Product Management experience.
• Solid understanding of working with consumer products on websites and mobile services.
• Experience in the Automotive Industry not required but definitely an asset.
• Experience in online classifieds or multi-sided marketplaces also a definite advantage