Customer Support Specialist
SUMMARY OF JOB
The role of the Customer Support Specialist is to provide customer-focused day-to-day support to specific clients and dealer groups doing business with autoTrader. This role also serves as the internal primary point of contact between the customer and the autoTrader for specific customer related issues. The role may provide, or act as liaison for other staff who provide, customer support, technical support, support for adding or setting up products, planning and making recommendations for the customer's account, including preparing sales presentations and monthly reports for customers. Reviewing analytics regarding activity and ROI and providing account guidance to the client is also expected. The Customer Support Specialist will also work very closely with other roles within the business including the Outside / Inside Account Managers, Account Directors, Online Sales Consultants and also Sales Management within the sales organization regarding customer accounts. Building strong customer relationships is absolutely key to the success of the role.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- This role is expected to investigate concerns and inquiries.
- Asking the right questions of clients and cross functional teams to determine best course of action for resolution to clients concerns or issues raised.
- Communicating resolution in a timely manner is critical to the success of this role. This role is also expected to troubleshoot issues brought to their attention re: client's accounts.
- Managing inbound communications (phone or email) from clients or dealer groups related to the clients DSS account.
- Also, managing outbound communication with clients that may be flagged for DNS (Do Not Sell) or to provide follow up answers to questions or concerns raised by the clients. Providing a strong level of customer service and building a level of trust with the client is critical.
- Understand the value proposition of autoTRADER products to be able to support customer decision-making.
- Coordinate & liaise with cross-functional departments to resolve issues technical in nature or related to billing or related to order fulfillment (print, priority placement, creative).
- This role will be working closely with Sales, Finance, Production and Dealer Services. Will escalate issues to the Manager of Customer Services or to cross functional departments as necessary.
- Prepare and run reports and presentations (ie. Monthly reviews, Sales Proposals, Performance, Tickets, Status, etc) both internally within the organization and/or for the clients purposes.
- Reports can be analyzed and recommendations may be made to the Sales team regarding customer accounts.
- May flag issues re: optimization.
- Take ownership of the accuracy of the clients account information in autoTrader CRM system. Including package information, capture information, contacts, rates etc.
- Must be very detailed oriented and very customer focused.
- Must be organized and able to manage clients expectations.
- Must be self motivated and work individually and as a team.
- Must have a sense of urgency to resolve and investigate issues.
- Have a small flair for sales to assist appropriate upselling.
- College diploma.
- Solid verbal/written communication skills.
- MS Office experience - specifically Excel is essential.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Technical skills.