Digital Strategist Manager
SUMMARY OF JOB
The Digital Strategy Manager will be part of a dynamic Online Consulting and Strategy group. Will have experience managing medium to large pay-per-click, display and social advertising accounts with strong analytical background and is proficient in account coordination. The Digital Strategist will be responsible for managing clients that use autoTRADER’s advertising platform specifically paid media optimization and client strategy reviews. Will work with a wider team of analysts to help meet objectives around service, quality of work, customer metrics and productivity.
The Digital Strategy Manager will participate in a client-facing team for SEM, Display and Social Media. Specifically the role will focus on pay-per-click, Display, Social strategies for key VIP or Dealer Group Clients. Responsibilities will include analyzing data, management and tracking of KPIs, optimizing key accounts, providing weekly reports, and presenting strategic recommendations to clients monthly.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Auditing, Optimization & Testing: Coordinate with analysts to ensure accounts are within acceptable KPI range. Perform weekly account analysis for key improvement areas and provide actionable insights. Develop testing/optimization process and schedule for account and dealer groups.
Reporting: Monitor, review, and update advertising traffic and web analytic reports. Gather and analyze data and prepare reports using our web optimization software, Monitor and report on monthly campaigns and statistical analysis, and present key KPI’s to be monitored monthly.
Stakeholder Management: Support VIP and Dealer Group Commercial Clients to optimize their SEM spend by offering intellectual marketing strategies and advice via: reviewing clients (who have purchased SEM solution) performance, in-depth knowledge of SEM optimization, leveraging reports produced by DSS software.
Providing Insight: Provide customer-specific insight to Customers and Trader staff on competitor and local markets. Provide market and industry context reporting. Make recommendations to clients and Trader Sales reps for potential up-sell products/services. Develop custom campaigns according to client objectives.
- Self-motivated and results-driven with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to provide executive level reporting on financial metrics and KPI’s for a team.
- Passion for the power of content and web analytics.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills; the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- University degree or college diploma, preferably with a Marketing major.
- 8 years of working experience in digital media, of which at least 5 focused on medium to large search engine marketing accounts.
- Proven track record of results with pay-per-click accounts.
- Working knowledge of SEM tools, optimization tactics, testing and web analytics.
- Understanding of programmatic buying (social and display), conversion optimization, usability testing, and website reporting tools.
- Strong understanding of Multi Chanel Attribution modeling
- Experience in using quantitative and qualitative metrics to communicate progress and identify meaningful trends.
- High level of proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Adwords, Double Click suite of tools.
- Experience in online media planning, media buying or campaign management would be an asset.
- Knowledgeable about the latest trends in the search engine industry.
- Google Adwords Certification and GAIQ is required