Front-end Web Developer
SUMMARY OF JOB
- Under general direction, responsible for development & integration of custom front-end code (HTML, CSS, JS / jQuery) for DSS websites.
- Responsible for all stages of development, including coding, testing, and related documentation.
- Must work with cross-functional teams across the company in order to achieve the defined end-goal (case-by-case) on multiple projects that may be running concurrently.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with the Creative Service team in order to deliver the highest possible quality custom development on the DealerSmartSolutions platform. This includes front-end coding, technical analysis, debugging and integration of said code (HTML, CSS, JS/ jQuery).
- Coordinate efforts with our solutions provider to ensure that projects are properly scoped out (# of hours required for a project, highlighting gaps, proposing alternative solutions).
- Creation of the technical scope-of-work (SOW) documents.
- Ensure deadlines are met accordingly and expectations around those are managed.
- Assist in discussions with more technically advanced clients to ensure that all their questions are fully answered and expectations are managed.
- Stay up to date on the latest front-end development best practices to be applied to the DealerSmartSolutions platform. Expected to be the SME for front-end questions.
- Priority Setting
- Strong Organizational and Time Management skills
- Quality Control Management
- Problem Solving
- Bilingual preferred
- Strong Communication skills
- Team work
- Ability to work within short deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 2 or more years of front-end development experience.