Digital Analytics Implementation Specialist
SUMMARY OF JOB
Leading the way in the automotive marketplace, autoTRADER.ca is providing opportunities for technical experts who are keen to work with modern technologies delivering high-value products for millions of consumers. Within a collaborative and agile environment, the Digital Analytics Developer will design and implement web and mobile analytics for autoTRADER’s online and mobile marketplaces.
We are looking for someone who not only loves data, but who is focused on building solutions to generate reliable and valuable analytics. The ideal candidate will have a web development background (including QA) and solid experience with Google Analytics and data tracking systems.
- Design and implementation of autoTRADER’s Web Analytics platform (Google Analytics 360 [GA], Google Tag Manager [GTM])
- Execute the implementation process, working closely with the Marketing and Development Teams
- Work closely with Development teams to maintain and manage the site tagging methodology for autoTRADER’s marketplaces to ensure accurate and complete measurement.
- Recommend improvements to increase autoTRADER’s breadth and clarity of measurement
- Build technical requirements documents and/or support the Marketing team with technical documentation
- Resolve technical tracking issues identified on website and mobile analytics platform
- Provide guidance and support to other web analytics stakeholders on GA capabilities and measurement approaches
- Support internal stakeholders (National/Commercial Sales, Product Agile Teams, Marketing) with analysis and reporting on specific issues or opportunities as required.
- Identify and execute opportunities to leverage analytics to expand Trader’s relationship with clients as an authority on the used car market in Canada.
- Current knowledge in Google Analytics, digital analytics trends and best practices in web measurements to identify opportunities to integrate them at autoTRADER.ca
- High degree of autonomy – ability to work with product teams to identify requirements and communicate them effectively.
- Passion for data driven decision making and analytics.
- A business perspective. The ability to work in both technical and business environments is paramount.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- QA experience and/or aptitude
- Four-year technical degree or equivalent
- 1+ years of digital analytics implementation experience
- 1+ years of technical GA experience (GA IQ is an asset) including site tagging
- Experience using all aspects of GTM deployment and capabilities (required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills