SUMMARY OF JOB
autoTRADER.ca is Canada's #1 Automotive Marketplace, with the #1 App and is one of Canada's most iconic brands. We are a leader in the automotive industry and one of Canada’s largest digital businesses with unrivaled consumer and dealer brand recognition. Our technology solutions help our dealers drive their business forward and helps Canadians to buy and sell like pros. autoTRADER.ca traffic has tripled over the last 3 years, generating more than 6 million unique visitors a month. It’s where Canadians Click with Cars!
What does autoTRADER.ca offer our salespeople?
- Top Sales people rewarded with President's club trip annually!
- Work with some of the Industry's Top Talent
- Benefits from day one!
- Casual Dress Environment
- Free Membership to On-Site Gym
- Free Parking
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular Employee Appreciation Events
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Car Allowance
- Summer Work Hours
We recognize that each employee brings a unique set of skills and experience to help us achieve success. We want to hear your story.
Summary of Job:
This role is a strategic business development position whose primary goal is to generate new business and maintain existing business for autoTRADER with leading Key Industry Partners (i.e. Dealer Superstores, National OEMs, and Dealer Groups) based in the respective regions. This role provides engagement leadership to both autoTRADER's sales force and clients, develops senior level client relationships, and is regarded by the client as an expert and trusted advisor. In addition, The Digital Sales Executive is responsible for consistent client satisfaction and overall business profitability.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for setting strategies, executing those strategies and achieving revenue growth with new and existing clients.
- Develops sales proposals and presentations designed to meet individual client needs and maximize business potential; negotiates expectations, terms, conditions, and pricing.
- Overall financial management of account revenue and profitability for the assigned client group.
- Develops customer accounts by proactively gathering and reviewing information to identify high-level sales opportunities.
- Focuses on the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation within existing assignments, and long-term account goals in line with autoTRADER's vision.
- Understands customer's wants so they can create need and sell on value instead of just product based selling; demonstrates a continued personal concern for the customer in order to remind the customer of the value of autoTRADER.
- Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables and revenue; ensures that client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner while maintaining excellent customer relations; responds to client's needs with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for being the single point of contact throughout the entire sales process; acts as the leader and planner and anticipates any potential risks or obstacles and prepares alternatives so the outcome is not jeopardized; oversees communication with all involved.
- Helps clients to gain maximum benefit from product offerings by committing to continuous education that provides information updates or product training; stays on top of information needed by customers in an effort to serve as a resource.
- Provides proactive assistance and support to both clients and peers; seeks opportunities to share expertise and experience in a mentoring role.
- Maintains strong knowledge of new and existing autoTRADER product offerings as well as new products in the market, industry trends and new developments; understands current competitive conditions within the marketplace; is recognized as an industry leader and subject matter expert.
- Completes Weekly Sales planner to ensure penetration of assigned accounts and maintenance of existing client revenue base; proactively calls on existing accounts; identifies correct priorities and schedules sales calls accordingly.
- Successful works with Marketing team to develop sales collateral to position as a subject matter and industry expert.
- Contributes information to autoTRADER's market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from clients; recommends new solutions and services by evaluating current solutions and identifying needs to be filled.
- Meets sales targets and objectives for all accounts.
- Maintains sufficient customer records to ensure proper account organization and administration.
- Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, KPI's and adherence to goals/targets.
- Presents and negotiates rates with clients; prepares and signs client contracts.
- Ensures all documentation and reports are complete, accurate and submitted to other departments within assigned timelines.
- Proficient in Google Analytics and Adwords
- Very good knowledge of the digital marketing ecosystem
- Very good knowledge of the different Facebook, Google, Bing, ect ... channels
- Good understanding of the buying / bidding process of keywords, how these keywords are composed and how they are measured.
- Ability to simplify the technical aspects of our solutions.
- Capable of developing, presenting and implementing revenue growth strategies based on each client's situation.
- Ability to take initiative in a business unit and take action on problems or opportunities without being prompted.
- Willingness to commit time and effort to ensure success and results; ability to remain focused on the goal and not easily discouraged or distracted.
- Ability to provide proactive assistance and support through mentoring and coaching.
- Ability to develop technical competencies to stay abreast of new developments and to learn enough about related fields to apply knowledge effectively in the business.
- Ability to educate customers through structured training helping the customer to gain maximum benefit from product offerings.
- Capable of developing comprehensive product knowledge specific to customer needs to be a credible resource.
- Strong closing techniques; using logical, incremental steps; ability to close a sale through continuously describing benefits so that the client can't say no.
- Ability to immediately engage customers with an enthusiastic and persuasive presentation style.
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office and computer tools.
- People skills; effective team player with strong communication (verbal & written) and listening skills.
- Drive for results; ability to turn a customer from good to great.
- Strong time and resource management skills along with organizational skills; ability to prioritize and quickly respond to customer requests.
- Self-Development skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor degree in Liberal Arts/Marketing/Business discipline.
- Minimum 8-10 years direct sales experience working with national/large revenue accounts.
- Proven results and consistency in achieving/exceeding sales targets.
- Experience in intangible, media and internet product sales.
- Experience in strategic planning and sales of highly developed digital solutions
- Experience in strategy optimization and SEO / SEM campaign