Sales Optimization Analyst
SUMMARY OF JOB
The Sales analyst will be responsible for collecting and analyzing large amount of data related to sales, evaluating and predicting sales trends for different customer segments with the objective of optimizing sales activities and providing support in defining product promotional strategies.
The person needs to be experienced in using prediction software, preparing detailed sales reports, and making informed suggestions on how to improve acquisition and churn management, sales territory and channel optimization, opportunity identification as well as ad-hoc strategic and tactical issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Customer & Market Analysis
- Analyze Customer Acquisition and Churn pattern by segment by territory
- Liaison with the Market intelligence team to optimize the customer segmentation model and the customer predictive model
Sales Optimization through data analysis:
- Preparing and submitting reports based on the collected data and their conclusions to the sales leadership team
- Analyzing past sales data to identify areas of improvements
- Evaluating sales performance to campaigns goals
- Monitoring Sales Activities to identify gaps/ opportunities
- Reviewing purchasing trends of customers by segment by territory to provide recommendations on promotional offers, customers segments and sales targets for upcoming campaigns
- Using sales prediction software to determine future trends
- Develop and maintain models to identify the optimal frequency of customer contact and best sales/ service channel by customer segment.
Ad-hoc Reporting and Projects
- Manage ad-hoc reporting/analysis as required by the Sales & Operations team.
- Work cross-functionally across the organization to fully understand business objectives and apply analytics in support of projects to ensure efficient and effective problem solving and issue resolution.
- Drive process improvement through new analytic approaches and creative thinking.
- Ensure understanding/knowledge of products, processes and procedures is at a level required to provide strong recommendations.
- Evaluate and predict sales trends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Work under minimal supervision and interact at all organizational levels.
- Ability to learn quickly and identify new problems Demonstrates strong analytical skills, able to analyze new data, draw conclusions and communicate recommendations
- Strong leadership, customer and delivery focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics/Statistics, Quantitative Science or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience in statistical and mathematical model development, quantitative analysis, interpretation and communication to internal and external stakeholders. Experience in online businesses is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical / computer skills – Excel, ERP systems, and the ability to extract information into user friendly formats.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and some knowledge of Microsoft Access preferred.
- Expert level SQL querying skills; fluent in statistical programs (i.e. R, SPSS, SAS)
- Experience working and combining data from multiple source systems
- Working knowledge of Office Suite Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook).