SUMMARY OF JOB
The Product Owner is responsible for assisting in the launch of specific products/capabilities and an assigned group of products/services, from ideation and conception through to launch and life cycle management. Participate in overall marketing/product strategy, research and development, for existing, new and emerging products. Support the coordination and implementation of approved strategies and product improvements. Responsible for assisting in defining business rules and for successfully aligning technical requirements with business objectives. This will contribute to the overall product strategy.
1. Assist in developing and implementing new products & services along with comprehensive marketing strategies. Develop product definitions and provide documentation expertise and training to other departments involved in product development. Coordinate and work closely with the product development team and other cross-functional team members like sales, & Sales Operations to meet business objectives under the direction of the Senior Manager.
2. May lead life cycle management for existing products and services; identify and recommend product improvements to fit customer needs. Determine product development priorities. Work with business units in developing product road-maps to ensure business objectives and financial targets are met.
3. Participate and lead team ceremonies. Create user stories, author acceptance criteria and groom stories with the development team. Act as the product representative for the assigned group of product and services as it relates to the delivery cycle.
4. Conduct research and benchmarking techniques to optimize product strategy and performance. Monitor business, community and competitive reactions to new features of Trader products. Stay abreast of business and community needs and issues.
5. Participate in writing PRD’s (Product Requirements Documents) and defining processes.Partially assume project management responsibilities: determine key deliverables, introduction schedules and processes that need to be put in place.
6. Short term monitoring of product performance along with market trends, user feedback, customer needs, competitive information and market research for a given product line to determine the right feature set for buyers and sellers and fit with market needs.
7. Mid to long term planning: analyze market conditions to identify new business opportunities and strategies in the mid / long term.
- Strong technical aptitude and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of the online business
- Customer focus and ability to develop client partnerships
- Creativity and initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn new products, technologies, and industries
- Ability to influence and prioritize based on business need
- Jira experience an asset
- Experience in a C2C and B2C environment preferred
- Experience with Agile Kanban development process in the role of Product Owner
- Degree is a related field.
- 2 – 3 years of previous online experience and/or product management experience