Analyst - QA
SUMMARY OF JOB
Applies quality assurance policies, methodologies, tools and initiatives for development teams that develop core technology assets. Use of automated testing tools.Ensure all product components conform to the established technical, operational and performance specifications.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- The QA Analyst applies QA technologies to ensure the overall quality of developed applications through execution of all aspects of the Quality Assurance lifecycle; participates in every phase of the software development life cycle, from requirements definitions through to deployment; develop, and applies software QA policies and procedures with the development team and other departments.
- Submit maintain and follows-up through to resolution, on all reported software and documented defects using established defect control system.
- Participates in the planning of the testing process by introducing automation.
- Maintain QA departmental policies and procedures and goals.
- Participate in a collaborative work environment for the QA team.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of business requirements and use-cases, in the design process to ensure quality product output from the development team; partake in estimation, planning and risk analysis of QA activities; communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written format; and write and execute accurate and detailed test strategies, reports and ongoing and comprehensive quality assurance documents.
- Participate in the collection and summarization of QA departmental metrics, activities, concerns and other information.
- Excellent interpersonal, project and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work consultatively.
- Ability to cope with pressure.
- Self-starter, proactive individual ready for a challenge.
- University Degree.
- Knowledge of software testing concepts and methodologies.
- Knowledge of the software development cycle.
- At least five years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrate a strong background in testing is essential, including test case development, test execution, test results analysis, and test optimization.