Junior Web Developer - 8 month contract
SUMMARY OF JOB
This role includes front-end website development, assisting in the creative design, coding, and providing support to high value customers & dealer groups doing business with TRADER. The Technical Advisor will also work very closely with other roles within the business including the Outside/Inside Account Managers, Account Directors, Online Sales Consultants and also Sales Management within the sales organization regarding client requests. This role is also expected to troubleshoot issues brought to their attention. It is also expected to proactively provide support to customers and manage customer tickets. Providing a strong level of customer service and building a level of trust with the client is critical.
The role may provide, or act as liaison for other staff who provide customer support, technical support, support for adding or setting up products, planning and making recommendations for the customer’s account. This role also serves as the internal primary point of contact between the customer and TRADER for specific customer related issues. Managing inbound communications (phone or email) from clients or dealer groups related to the clients DSS account.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Front-end website development. Working with our internal development team to collaborate and build new website projects and/or amend existing websites
- Assist in the creative design, coding, and providing support to high value customers & dealer groups doing business with TRADER.
- Coordinate & liaise with cross-functional departments to resolve issues technical in nature or related to website optimization, working closely with Sales, Finance, and Dealer Services, escalating issues to the Manager of Customer Service, VIP or to cross functional departments as necessary.
- Troubleshoot/debug issues. Proactively provide support to customers and manage customer tickets. Asking the right questions of clients and cross functional teams to determine best course of action for resolution to clients concerns or issues raised. Communicating resolution in a timely manner is critical to the success of this role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- French is an asset but not required
- College diploma or related business experience
- Multi-Platform Front-End development Knowledge
- Keeping up-to-date with latest technology and trends.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff at various levels of technical/business knowledge
- Experience with Photoshop
- Strong Knowledge of browser testing and debugging
- Solid verbal/written communication skills
- MS Office experience – specifically Excel is essential
- Cross-browser, multi-platform, multi-screen development
- Understanding of WordPress tools, themes, and plugins