Acquisition Specialist - Outside
SUMMARY OF JOB
The primary focus of this position is Outside Sales, where coverage and penetration of accounts is required at a strategic level. This position has responsibility for all sales activities, from lead generation and prospecting using effective sales techniques through to closing and signing contracts with clients. This position is accountable for selling core business product lines and strategic consulting offerings.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Prospects and develops new client relationships within a defined assignment and in line with autoTRADER identified priorities; achieves assigned sales revenue goals and targets.
- Generates revenue by developing market potential through prospecting, lead generation, qualifying opportunities, proposing solutions, and closing sales.
- Initiates sales process by prospecting, scheduling appointments, making initial presentations, understanding business needs, developing proposals, and closing sales; works proactively to secure new clients by effectively positioning autoTRADER and presenting the value of our product lines to clients.
- Develops innovative proposals and delivers strategic sales presentations relevant to the client's business.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions autoTRADER offers to their business needs.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, and networking.
- Effectively prepares and researches prior to calling on potential clients; conducts effective needs assessment and designs proposals to address the customer's specific needs.
- Discusses advertising needs with customer; understands and promotes autoTRADER products, services and solutions relevant to each customer.
- Establishes partnering effectively and ensures the customer's style is mirrored through effective initial contact.
- Accountable for complete understanding of pricing, proposal models, and all product lines.
- Completes Weekly Sales planner to ensure penetration of assigned territory.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with customers; works cooperatively and professionally with clients.
- Contributes information to autoTRADER's market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from clients; recommends new solutions and services by evaluating current solutions and identifying needs to be filled.
- Represents autoTRADER professionally and enthusiastically both to internal and external customers.
- Spends most of his/her time out of the office, with clients, and works at penetrating and controlling these accounts.
- Responsible to meet sales targets and objectives for specific client base.
- Maintains sufficient customer records to ensure proper territory organization and account administration.
- Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, KPI's and adherence to goals.
- Communicates new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to internal cross functional teams.
- Presents and negotiates rates with clients; prepares and signs client contracts.
- Submits customer orders, following procedures and completes necessary documentation or electronic ad files accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures all documentation & reports are complete, accurate and submitted to other departments within established timelines.
- Effective networking skills; takes a proactive approach to business interactions; will expand contacts consistently.
- Strong problem solving skills; quickly analyzes customer's needs and provides solutions.
- Qualifies prospects with standard probes; assesses client's readiness to buy.
- Willingness to commit time and effort to ensure success and results; ability to remain focused on the goal and not easily discouraged or distracted.
- Strong closing techniques; using logical, incremental steps.
- Ability to make sound decisions very quickly; opportunistic by nature; spontaneous and flexible.
- Ability to tailor image to fit customer expectations by adapting to different situations with sincerity and realism.
- Ability to develop relevant product knowledge specific to customer needs.
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office and other computer tools.
- People skills; effective team player with strong communication (verbal & written) and listening skills.
- Drive for results; ability to turn a customer from good to great.
- Strong time and resource management skills along with organizational skills; ability to prioritize and quickly respond to customer requests.
- Self-Development skills.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Liberal Arts/Marketing/Business discipline.
- 3-5 years direct sales experience.
- Proven results and consistency in achieving/exceeding sales targets.
- Experience in intangible, media and internet product sales.